1. I worked another four-day week. Between the snow, holidays, and my birthday, I may never work a five days week ever again. J Sh’right. If only.
2. I read two great YA books this week. One I told you about yesterday, If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The other was The Mark by Jen Nadol. This book posed two questions. 1) If you knew someone was going to die within 24 hours, would you tell them? 2) What would you do if you knew you had 24 hours before you died?
3. I spent time with my friend J.P. and baby Allie, who is soooo freakin’ cute. There should be a law against babies being so cute. J.P. says I need to decide what Allie will call me when she gets older. I think Her Royal Highness is a mouthful for a 2-year-old. How about, Goddess? No? Okay, Dr. Dickens? No, that’s too stuffy and pretentious. Plus, I cringe when people call me doctor. It just sounds like I should be able to perform a tracheotomy with a ballpoint pen and a butter knife. Well, she’s only two months old, I’ve got time.
4. I’m on Chapter 8 of The Collector. For those of you who speak word count that means roughly 22,000 words. AND I have found more songs for the playlist. Whoohoo, me!
5. I managed to spend time with all of my friends this week. Can I just tell you something? I have great friends. That includes you LJ folks. Thanks for being so freakin’ great and accepting all my quirks and neurosis. My cup runnith over!