5. Your characters rally, infiltrate your dreams and lobby for the dialogue they think will work.
4. You refuse to say your child’s name (Kenly) because ALL words ending in –ly are considered enemies of the state.
3. You call the police and report a crime: someone keeps eating all your cake and chocolate in the middle of the night. (Never mind you live alone and you have an alarm system.)
2. You start editing children’s lemonade stand signs. (Come on! How you gonna let a five year old spell lemonade like this: Lemunaid?)
1. After five hours of searching for the right word, you finally complete the first line of your story and then do a happy dance.
Your turn…How do you know you’re revising?