Things to know about me, Tracy:
1) I am friend and
stalker fan of Terri-Lynne DeFino, bogwitch64 .
2) Ms. DeFino's debut book, Finder is hitting doorsteps and bookshelves and Kindles on November 12, 2010.
3) I like to celebrate my friends when they make big (or small) accomplishments. This is obviously BIG.
4) I love to give gifts.
5) I love cake.
6) I love books.
7) I love to cook.
Where am I going with all of this meme stuff? Oh, I am soooo glad you asked.
Let the CELEBRATION begin...
First, CAKE. Chocolate cake. Terri's Favorite...
Check out that book propped behind the cake. As wonderful as the cake is (was), the book is better. Finder is the story of a thief and an escaped slave and the spices and music that connect them. (Terri, I hope I remembered your elevator pitch kinda sorta right.)
Don't you want that book? You do. Trust me. You can have it if you celebrate with me.
Glad you asked.
You have to answer THREE questions by 7 pm (CST) on Friday, November 12, 2010. You answer the questions and you are entered in the drawing. OH! If you spread the word about the giveaway (because I fear most of my flisters have purchased Terri's book) you will get another entry for each posting. You will need to leave me the link in your comments. I will post the winner in my Tuesday post, which will be a guest post from Terri. (It is FANTASTIC!) OH! You must live in the US. Sorry.
1) Finder involves the smuggling of prohibited spices. I hate rules. And rumor has it, Terri is not keen on them either. Let's be rebels. If there was a spice ban, which spice would you be willing to smuggle? I would smuggle cayenne pepper or cinnamon.
2) Zihariel, a slave in Finder, is a celebrated musician. During one scene, the description of her song and the audience's reaction is so REAL, I became an audience member. Tears streamed down my face. Sigh. I loved that scene. So tell me, what song transports you to a happier place or gives you a boost? Mine is Heading in the Right Direction by India Arie (below). During a really difficult stretch in graduate school, I listened to that song EVERY DAY on the way to school. Two years. EVERY DAY. That song is part of my DNA.
3) What is your favorite treat? Mine? CAKE. My grandmother's cream cheese pound cake makes me VERY happy. Carrot Cake does too. I also like cheese. I could have been a mouse.
So there you are, your three questions: favorite spice, favorite song, favorite treat.
May the odds be in your favor.